Surf City Recovery offers an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that is designed to help patients renew family, work and other types of responsibilities from their daily life. Though they will not be living at the treatment facility, they will still receive proven treatment services to help them resist their addiction and live a sober life. Participants will meet four times a week for six weeks and enjoy:
- Holistic therapies
- Family dynamics
- Educational seminars
- Guest speakers
- Group process
How Does an Intensive Outpatient Program Work?
Once you have undergone a medical and clinical assessment, your counselor may suggest an Intensive Outpatient Program. This type of rehabilitation program is recommended for those who do not require a medically supervised detox, who live close to the center and who have completed a residential addiction treatment program and need additional support.
Are There Benefits of Intensive Outpatient Programs?
There are many benefits of IOPs including:
- Flexibility – This allows you to maintain your own routines and responsibilities.
- Save Money – Lower financial costs when compared with residential treatment.
- Higher Retention Rate – Especially when compared with low-intensity outpatient care.
- Better Coping – Daily real-world opportunities give you the chance to apply your newly learned coping skills.
- Support – Better chance and more opportunities to establish community-based support.
The key benefit of intensive outpatient therapy programs is that they make addiction treatment in Orange County accessible to those who are unable to pause their life, career and family obligations to focus on treatment in a residential facility. Outpatient addiction treatment in Orange County will also allow you to take advantage of local recovery resources to fit your existing schedule.
- Responsibility – Greater patient responsibility when compared with inpatient programs.
- Participation – Greater opportunity for participation in local self-help groups from the beginning of treatment.
The unique style of outpatient programs is often able to reach and help addicts who may otherwise not be willing to enter a residential addiction treatment center. Those in an outpatient therapy program have more control and are able to maintain education, career and personal responsibilities outside of treatment. This type of program offers an enhanced level of anonymity and privacy because you able to return home each night. This is an ideal situation for those who are concerned about entering addiction recovery treatment and putting their life on pause.
Would I Be Suited for an Intense Outpatient Program?
An IOP is not for everyone. Those who are successful do so because:
- It requires minimal disruption to their current lifestyle
- They are able to self-regulate their time and any exposure to the abusive
- They wish to keep their participation private or anonymous
Outpatient treatment programs will range in intensity, with some requiring you to meet daily to help you work through and overcome your substance dependence. If you think that an IOP is the right choice for you in your recovery journey, call the team at Surf City Recovery today to speak with an expert who can help you determine the best path to sober living.